According to a new market research report published by Credence Research“3D Concrete Printing Market (Walls, Floors & Roofs, Panels & Lintels; Ready-Mix, High-Density, Precast, Shotcrete) – Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis and Forecast 2016 – 2023”,the global 3D concrete printing market stood at US$23.6Mn in 2015and is estimated to expandwith a CAGR of 14.6% from 2016 to 2023.
The complete report is available at http://www.credenceresearch.com/report/3d-concrete-printing-market
3D concrete printing is the next big thing for major construction companies across the world. Companies are now increasingly investing on developing 3D concrete printing machine capable of fabricating large concrete structures such as walls, lintels, roofs and also entire house/building. With the emergence of 3D printing technology across different application sectors, construction industry too may soon embrace the cutting-edge technology in order to achieve faster, safer and greener construction. Using 3D concrete printers helps making the overall construction activity economical, environment friendly with more sophisticated designs.
The 3D printing market is majorly driven by the superior advantages of the technology as compared to the traditional construction technique. Some of the most significant advantages observed of using 3D printing technology are listed below:
- Faster construction process
- Minimal labor requirement
- Efficient use of raw materials with minimal wastage
- Implementation of more sophisticated designs
- Reduced costs of the overall construction project
- Less error possibility
Additive manufacturing offers better overall efficiency as compared to the traditional manufacturing processes. As a result, the technology is expected to expand exponentially in the coming years in the construction sector.
The overall 3D concrete printing market is still in its nascent stage and hence fragmented and highly competitive in nature. 3D concrete printing is estimated to be largely used in countries having high labor costs as well as shortage. Thus, companies are currently focusing on reducing the overall price of 3D concrete printers. Another major strategy adopted by the market players is partnership with other players operating in the 3D concrete printing industry. Majority of the partnerships in the market intended towards further research for better and innovative solutions within the 3D concrete printing industry.
- 3D printing for constructing complete architectural structure
- Research for development of innovative solutions for 3D concrete printing
- Partnership with other firms such as R&D centers and construction companies for further expansion in the sector
- Focus on residential construction sector
- Tests for extraterrestrial printed structures using 3D concrete printers