Live Score update of Euro 2016 Soccer final game between France and Portugal. You can also watch the game through Live Streaming. We are updating the score as it happens. Update: Portugal won the Euro 2016 Cup by beating France 1-0
Portugal’s last Euro Final appearance was in 2004 when a 19 year old Cristiano Ronaldo joined the veteran core of Deco, Luis Figo and Ricardo Carvalho and were big favorites against Greece in the final. Greece scored an early goal and did what they did all summer, defended a lead and got the surprise victory. Since then, Ronaldo has become a transcendent player and Portugal has continued to overachieve in international competitions with a semi-final in World Cup 2006 and a semi-final in Euro 2012 as the highlights. But no titles.
- It’s over, Portugal won the Euro 2016 Cup by beating France 1-0.
- It’s 116 minutes, and France still in 0.
- Goal! Portugal is now 1-0 against France in the second half.
- First half of extra time over, still score is 0-0. Portugal had a good opportunity from a corner shot, but the France goal keeper saved it.
- It’s extra time now.
- It’s 93 minutes of gameplay and score still at 0 for both the sides
- 88 minutes of gameplay, POR 0 – 0 FRA
- Ronaldo out of the ground due to leg injury.
France won the game of the tournament in the semi-final when they beat Germany 2-0. Antoine Griezmann had two goals to take his tournament leading total to six (Ronaldo leads a group of 6 players in second on 3 goals) and after a stellar two seasons with Atletico Madrid the 25 year old attacker has become the talk of the tournament and is a darkhorse for Ballon d’Or consideration at the end of the year. To get to the final France also had to eliminate Republic of Ireland and Iceland in the knockout rounds.
How to Watch:
Germany v France
Sunday, 12 Noon
Location: Stade de France, Paris, France
Streaming: Watch ESPN