We have been writing about how cloud computing makes it possible to never lose a file again. We aim to make your lives easier the day we started tis blog.
Now that services like Google Drive and Dropbox are very commonly used by millions of people, majority of people are still not making the best use of it, or should we say, are not being more productive.
If you use Dropbox or Google Drive for keeping important files handy, you will notice that most of the things you upload to Dropbox or Google drive have been downloaded by your from the internet itself.
So you are first downloading something and then uploading it. Not a big deal but a huge time waste, and perhaps the wastage of data for people on data plans.
Also, if the file is a little bigger, you will have to wait for it be uploaded before it can be used on any other device. (Big deal for impatient minds)
This Chrome extension from Ballloon.com (yes Balloon with three ‘L’) saves few seconds of your life by letting you save web files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive.
Here is what it offers.
- Download image to clouds can be extremely fast and simple, ONE left clicking is done.
- You can also right click a link to save web files.
- Certainly the default destination folder is alterable.
- You can read the transfer tasks at Departures board.
- I can’t help telling you that it’s really fast.
- “One more thing”, buy yourself a better mouse.
Install the Chrome extension to save a couple of seconds on your life every time you are saving a file to your Cloud Storage account.