The much anticipated iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak tool has been released by a Chinese iPhone hacking team and a day later by the famous Pangu team ,which offered an update only for Windows PC users to jailbreak an Apple device for running iOS 9.3.3 version. Albeit this version has made many people happier with the release, this also has a warning of specific conditions and a few extra steps that is required each time you reboot your phone.
But recently, in a video on YouTube posted by iCrackUriDevice, gives a walkthrough of how to jailbreak their Apple devices. We have articulated the video in brief for you. What you should keep in mind is that, this jailbreak version is still semi-untethered.
Here is how you can jailbreak your Apple device with iOS 9.3.3:
- Download the Pangu Combination App on your Apple device. Make sure you have the updated version of Safari App. A couple of caveats to know before you install the Pangu app, the app requires Developers Enterprise certificate for installation because you need to sign for upgrading to Pangu Jailbreak.
- Supported Devices: This jailbreak supports the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPod Touch, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro. However, iPod Touch 6 Gen and iPad Pro owners have to wait for an update from Pangu because this version is not compatible with the jailbreak. 32 bit owners will also not be able to jailbreak with this version. But in the coming days, let’s hope there will be an update for you as well.
- Supported Firmwares: This will function on iOS 9.2 upto iOS 9.3. But personally, it is recommended to update to the latest firmware iOS 9.3.3. Because once Apple starts signing off iOS 9.3.3 you will not be able to update it.
- Now navigate to JailbreakMe9.com in your Safari app. The developers have already uploaded a signed Developer Enterprise certificate that you externally might not require.
- Once you are on the page, do not click “Download now” out of haste. First, read through the important information you could get a clear idea of. Then click on “Download now” and then on “Install”. You will get a warning window asking if you want to download an untrusted Developer Enterprise certificate when you click on Pangu App again. Go ahead and click yes. You got to trust the certificate and it is not something harmful.
- Now launch the Settings -> General -> Device management -> Tap on the enterprise app that is listed. Click “Trust” to confirm.
- Now launch PP app after you press the Home button, it will prompt you with a window asking if you would like to send notifications. This is absolutely paramount that you click on “Yes”. Wait for 20 seconds before you tap inside the blue circle. Once done, after 5 seconds, lock your device. Then press the home button, you should have received a notification by now.
- The notification content will be in Chinese, but you will have the word, “Cydia” in it. This is a cue that the jailbreak is being processed successfully.
- Your device will automatically reboot once the jailbreak process is complete. You will see the Cydia app installed. Open it and scroll down to the bottom of the app to confirm you are on iOS 9.3.3.
- You will have all the latest packages in the Changes section of the app. You can install whichever tweaks that you want.
- Two important things to do is, since it is an untethered app, every time you reboot your device you will have to get on the PP app and apply the patches again to get the jailbreak running. Second, if your Dev Enterprise certificate is revoked, you might want to remove the PP app and use the computer method to apply the jailbreak.
We hope this guide will help you through the installation in an easy manner. Happy jailbreaking.
Note: If anything happens to your device such as warranty void, bricking of device, we are not responsible for it. Make sure that, you’re doing in your risk.